Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree

lol When I was little my dad worked ALL the time. That was important to him. He wanted to buy us everything thinking it would make us happy. As I have repeatedly told him as an adult, we would have rather had him. Well Maya is a mini me in more ways than one! But anyway, this wasn't a story about me. Chris has had a 'rough' winter, I say it that way because he has been in Arizona where it is warm and I have been pounded with snow. But he does not like being away from his girls. He is a family man. Well the last time he left Maya wouldn't even LOOK at him. Now last night when we called to say good night she walks away from the phone yelling I no talk to him it just breaks his heart. Then it is compounded by home sickness and not even getting to talk to his wife most nights, now with the time change there is a 3 hour difference and he is leaving the track and I am crawling in bed. So I hope this is around someday when she can read. I want her to know he DOES love her and is working like mad trying to make sure he gets back on schedule and doesn't have to go back out. I felt so bad for him last night. Maybe tonight she will talk to him, but don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment