Thursday, February 12, 2009

Roller skates

Lauren has been after us for ever it seems to take her skating. Well for those of you that know me, you know I have enough trouble with my feet I do not need wheels. But today they had preschool skate and I could wear my sneakers. So after much debate we decided to go. At first Lauren didn't want to go and then when she found out her friend was going she ditched Papa. Then this morning Maya had a meltdown and said she didn't want to go. We got in the car anyway. OMG! They had the BEST time. Both of them are naturals. Their friend was more like me. IT reminded me of when D and I were kids. She could skate. Just like the ice skaters could (at least in MY mind) I on the other hand could...not. But both of the girls took to it in no time and didn't even hold onto the wall. In fact my by the end I was so confident in Lauren's ability I gave her the choice to wait for Maya or go off and skate. She said I think B needs my help so I am going to skate B's mom about had heart failure when Lauren came skating across the floor towards them, without me! It is hard but I am trying to give her a few freedoms(as long as I can watch)

No comments:

Post a Comment