Then I ran across this blog and found a recipe I had been dying to try. 3 out of 4 of us at least liked it. The 4th one is feeling a bit yucky today and isn't agreeably to pretty much anything so take her vote with a grain of salt. The best part is Chris loved it. Thanks ThePaleomom.com
My changes: My local Kroger does not carry fish sauce without 10 bazillion grams of sugar and I refused to buy it. Instead I soy sauce. I grilled my chicken first (boneless skinless breasts and I used 4). Warmer weather here and I love to be outside as much as possible. It made dinner become practically heat and serve. I only used 3 garlic cloves because mine are so large. I forgot the green onions and mine are still too tiny so I cut up 1/2 a purple onion and put it in at the very beginning of the recipe with the garlic :-) My broccoli slaw already had some carrots in and also cauliflower. We like both but this gives more color. It is the bag right next to the broccoli slaw. If you have never tried this or see it it is in the bagged salad isle and all that is in it is broccoli stems that have visited a food processor.
1½ lb chicken meat, cut into small 1” chunks
4-5 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (more if you use breast meat, less if you use thigh meat)
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (or use 1 more Tbsp fish sauce)
4 Tbsp fresh lime juice (or use a good quality bottled Lime Juice)
½ Tbsp Coconut Vinegar (Apple Cider Vinegar would work too)
5 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
4-5 green onions, finely chopped
1 12oz package of broccoli slaw
2 medium carrots, cut into thin julienne strips
1. Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and garlic, cook about 1 minute.
2. Add chicken and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
3. Add fish sauce, coconut aminos, lime juice and vinegar. Cook at a rapid simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
4. Add broccoli slaw and julienned carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft but still firm, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Toss or garnish with green onion and cilantro. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment