As Christmas gets closer this year the more I want to crawl into a closet and hide until it is all over. I was worried if I went home I wouldn't want to come back.
Please do not misunderstand. I am incredibly grateful for this amazing journey we are on but I am missing my family something awful today. It is getting harder the closer we get to Christmas.
I talked to my mom today and as we do because we talk daily she went on about what she was doing. Setting me up in the kitchen while she ran around getting dinner. In the corner of her kitchen was her normal box of oranges. My heart ached to walk thru the door and grab one and just hang out. All things I took for granted until 6 months ago.
Christmas is Friday this year. 7 days from now. We have decided to donate some of our day helping to prepare a meal for those less fortunate than us. I missed shopping for the kids off the list Chris would bring home from work. It was always so fun!
I need a hug. 😞. I'll be home for Christmas if only in my dreams......
No comments:
Post a Comment