Boy was I relieved. We got in late on Saturday night and since jet lag hit at 3 AM I was antsy to get to the rehab center by 8 am. We went in and he was so excited to see us. He cried and said you are early you aren't supposed to be here till Sunday. It was the first of many first hand experiences with his confusion. It WAS Sunday. I had to be dependent on an airplane to get me there....they don't fly on my time!
By the end of his 15 days though I saw how quickly his body was trying to come back. He left rehab able to dress, feed, clothe and walk on his own with his walker. He quickly became like my kids had been when they were little. I was never good at the "stay at home" of stay at home mom and they have always been ready to go wherever. He would get himself ready and ask where I was taking him. :-)
I just pray that he continues on this path of healing. I will be home in a year. Sometimes it seems very far away
No comments:
Post a Comment