Monday, October 1, 2007

Family

For those who know me, you know how important family is. Of course I would also hope it would be to my little family too. Chris has come to understand how things work in my little world and while he doesn't always like it he deals with it. Then there is Lauren. I had hoped she would grow up like I did. Surrounded by family. Knowing her cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents were just a phone call away. Thankfully she is growing up like this. Family is 'it' to Lauren and with it she also knows love is part of the package. She ADORES her grandparents. Who wouldn't? She has one set that if she asked for the moon they'd scramble to get it for her. Chris's mom works for Crayola and sends lots of packages. Did I mention she is three? lol Anyway my point is tonight she had ballet/tap and it was 'parent watch night' As I tucked her into bed this evening she was just beaming when she said to me "momma everyone came to watch me tonight" Yes sweetheart they did because they love you. Yeah Momma. with a big smile. She was actually pretty good too. It was only her third class but she was trying very hard and was listening to her teacher. You could say that is a mom talking and to an extent you might be right but as I told Chris 'well at least she wasn't the kid rolling all over the floor' lol On the flip side is Miss Maya. I felt bad for her tonight. She wants to do everything Lauren does. She cried in the middle of class tonight Maya dance too mommy. soon enough my dear soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment