Monday, December 24, 2007

Twas the night before Christmas...

and all thru the house...everyone was asleep and Santa was done for the night. It has been a wonderful month. The kids finally warmed up to the "elf" and it has become a contest of who can find him first. Poor Lauren doesn't understand that Maya is still little and could care less. She does enjoy reporting to Granny and Papa where he is at but looking for him.....well she can leave that to Lauren. So Poor Lauren wanted a Tinkerbell Doll and Tinkerbell dollhouse from Santa. Well Granny got this info and thought she was being nice and bought the doll and doll house for her. Lauren was so upset when we got home. When I asked her what was wrong she just looked at me and said But I asked Santa for it mommy. What happens if I get 2 I felt really bad for her. I tried to get her to relax and told her Santa knew Granny wanted to buy it for her so he wouldn't bring her another one. :-) Poor kid. Can you imagine worrying about this at 3??? Last night Chris and I got an unexpected date night. as she was leaving for Papa's she looked at me with big sad brown eyes (Now keep in mind it was 100% her idea to go in the first place) and said I'll miss you mommy. She can be so sweet. I hear Maya kept Granny up all night. Chris and I on the other hand slept VERY well and late! Whoo who!!

No comments:

Post a Comment