Saturday, July 16, 2011

Greek yogurt and portabello pizza

So after playing you know what to FIND full fat Greek yogurt I thought this had better be good! lol Chris had mentioned it to me months ago and I have been looking for it ever since. Not daily just whenever I went to the store. We decided since we were already in Canton to try one of our favorite grocery stores from when we lived over that way. Holiday Market. I wasn't holding out much hope when we finally stumbled upon 4 tiny little packages, complete with a sign that said *NEW ITEM* I am praying the yogurt guy didn't goof and that they will carry it from now on. I did not want to be greedy AND since I am always leery of trying new products we only sprang for 2. They are both gone. :-)

I did add a handful of blueberries to mine just because I am used to having fruit in my yogurt. Oh and did I mention I do not normally EAT yogurt. I dislike how overly sweet they always seem to be. Not this one. Oh it was rich and creamy and YUMMY. May go back tomorrow and pick up the other 2. lol

Chris did add about a teaspoon of spenda because he said it had a tartness to it he would need to get used to. In all fairness it is kinda tart. He also had a handful of blueberries in it. He also enjoyed it although he said it made him feel like he had eaten a ton.

Another thing I used to dislike was mushrooms. Well let me clarify I did not like button mushrooms. They are just gross AND stinky. So it was pretty difficult to convince me any kind of mushroom could be good. I had been reading online about portabello mushrooms and how versatile they are. OK fine I will try them but under duress. I bought 4 of them convinced I would be making some sort of fish stuffed mushrooms. I get everything I think I need and would you believe I can not find the recipe anywhere?? So I google what to do with these mushrooms and I find portabello pizzas. mushroom topped with your favorite sauce, toppings and cheese. Ok this could be good. Ours were topped with Roas Marinara sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese. They were fantastic and I was sad I only had 4, next time I will make more! They were awesome. Low calorie low carb and filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment