Ok so I know I stink at keeping this up to date. A recent discussion brought me back once again. :-)
The topic of what I eat came up. So what's on YOUR dinner plate this evening?
Tonight's dinner here will be BBQ pork. I threw a pork shoulder in the crock pot and made some homemade BBQ sauce. It is kind of a busy day and on those days I am learning to use the crock pot. It is a love/hate relationship in this house.
BBQ Sauce (found online but I frequent many sites so I am not sure where it originally came from)
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup of beef stock
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
simmer till it starts to thicken.
I rub the shoulder with:
4T paprika
2T salt
2T chili powder
2T cumin
1T pepper
1T oregano
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
I bought my pork shoulder at Sam's Club it is always enough to make this recipe 2 times with left overs both times for my family of 4 (along with some sort of side dish)
So rub the spices on the shoulder place in crock pot with maybe a 1/4 of the sauce and set on low and walk away. Dinner is at 6 :-) Our side dish will be something green probably broccoli but I will worry about that closer to dinner time. That is always an on the fly thing that gets tossed in the steamer at the last minute.
Have a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment