HOW is my baby 6? Time has FLOWN by so fast.
In our house you choose what you want for your birthday dinner and mom makes it (or orders it out if that is what you choose)
Maya's dinner menu was:
Steak
Mashed cauliflower
Fresh fruit
whippped cream
steak is easy. I use Montreal steak seasoning on all our steaks. It is awesome! In the winter I broil them since it is way to cold outside to grill (one side effect from loosing so much weight. I am COLD all the time!)
Mashed cauliflower (oh I love this child) She wouldn't touch mashed potatoes but cauliflower she will eat the whole thing!
1 pkg frozen cauliflower
salt
pepper
1/2 stick of butter
heavy cream
steam the cauliflower till soft. Place in a food processor along with S & P and butter. Pulse till it starts to get creamy. Add cream. You add just enough till it is nice and creamy. Unless your family doesn't like mashed potatoes they won't know the difference!
our fresh fruit was purchased at Costco. We had blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
to make whipped cream...(sorry I don't measure things. I like to toss in a bowl and see what happens)
heavy cream
vanilla
splenda
vanilla and splenda just add a little flavor to the cream. Use your hand mixer till the cream has "peaks" it doesn't keep long so only make what you plan to use that evening. It only takes maybe 5 minutes so not to much of a hassle. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment