Very interesting conversation today with a friend over crock pots. I think this is a love or hate kind of thing. I went to school to COOK. I know my way around a kitchen quite well thank you. I am willing to try new things. This crock pot however gets me EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. ok minus the pulled pork I make in it but other than that I do not like that thing.
My pulled pork was another lovely recipe my hubby snagged online.
BBQ Sauce (found online but I frequent many sites so I am not sure where it originally came from)
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup of beef stock
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
simmer till it starts to thicken.
I rub the shoulder with:
4T paprika
2T salt
2T chili powder
2T cumin
1T pepper
1T oregano
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
I
bought my pork shoulder at Sam's Club it is always enough to make this
recipe 2 times with left overs both times for my family of 4 (along
with some sort of side dish)
So rub the spices on the shoulder
place in crock pot with maybe a 1/4 of the sauce and set on low and walk
away. Dinner is at 6 :-) Our side dish will be something green
probably broccoli but I will worry about that closer to dinner time.
That is always an on the fly thing that gets tossed in the steamer at
the last minute.
Have a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment