We survived our first Thanksgiving just the 4 of us. Chris had work and the girls had school which left me on my own all day. I blared Christmas music from home...thank you I ❤️ radio! And spent the day cooking. I talked to a friend Friday who politely informed me she would love to have a traditional thanksgiving even if she did have to bring her own plates, silverware and chair. Lol. I was allowed one set of each which only covers 12 :). Next year I will be ready and we will have one with everyone. This year I was a little lost on where to find things.
No such thing as Black Friday here so I am choosing to look at it as I saved my family money because I was not out shopping.
We went to see Santa today. Maya still likes to partake in the festivities. There was a Santa parade at one of our malls today. It was.....different. Santa arrived wearing a Hawiaan shirt, shorts and a floaty. She was crushed. So we are still on the look out for a good Santa :)
Finally this evening found us on the waterfront taking in the sights of our new town and the start of our summer season. We are so blessed to live so close to the water. I happen to love the beach and if I choose to I can go sit on it daily!!
The tree changes colors often. Not sure how often as we went for a special 8 minute show where they played music and the tree changed colors and did stuff to the music. It was really nice although I have to admit tonight my heart aches for home.






No comments:
Post a Comment