Remember me saying something about quarterly gas and electric bills? It never did 'seem right' to me but as I questioned I kept getting the same answer. Then last Wednesday we had no hot water. I didn't think much of it until 11:30 pm when I looked at Chris and I said 'what if the gas co thinks we are deadbeats and turned it off?' Chris says but you checked right? Yes I checked, several times but humor me. In his typical way he gets that grin and says then I guess we probably owe them a ton! It took all day Thursday to track down who even had our utilities. When I finally did they wouldn't talk to me because I was not on the bill. I can laugh now but not so much then. I had to call Chris out of a meeting to get it turned back on and he was right it was crazy high and I kept the electric from getting turned off too. All is well now, we have hot water and a note on the calendar to pay it on the 1st whether or not it is due! What an adventure! Turns out they had been sending bills next door but since they are also renters and moved in about the same time they did not realize they were getting our bills or shut off notices. Funny the bills couldn't find us but they sure found us to shut it off!
The holidays are getting closer. This is a very busy time of year normally and I love it. It starts our family birthday season along with my favorite holiday Thanksgiving. My dad's birthday is next week and then turkey day and my niece's birthday. I am here and I will admit this is a hard time for me compounded by knowing that on actual THANKSGIVING the kids will be in school and Chris will be at work. I have been keeping busy though. Trying to track down ingredients for our dinner. I found a turkey yesterday and even Maya said 'are you sure that's a turkey mom? What are we gonna do with that little thing?' Silver lining? maybe not so many left overs.
I am adapting. Holidays are just hard without my traditions. New ones are difficult for me.
Hang in there, you will find you will keep your old traditions, add some new ones, and then pick the best of both to make your own,
ReplyDeleteHang in there, you will find you will keep your old traditions, add some new ones, and then pick the best of both to make your own,
ReplyDelete