Monday, May 23, 2016

What a difference a year makes

This time last year we were in Australia trying to decide if we were moving here or not. The decision was already mostly made. We just wanted to make sure we could find a school for the girls and a house we could live in.  Barring anything going horribly wrong with either of those 2 things we were jumping in with both feet. What a way to learn about a place!  

We have learned so much!  A year later we are all happy we made this choice. The girls and I were not so sure about it in the beginning so we have come a long way!

This past year has brought us many opportunities to travel and see all kinds of places we would not have had the chance to otherwise.

Lauren has found a dance school she adores.  In true Lauren fashion the best thing is they correct you. How else are you to learn. Lol. She has also studied the trombone this school year and has learned to dive and how to play netball. 

Maya has embraced all the things that have been tossed her way. Last year she was learning about her impact on the environment. Now she has been taking some basic engineering classes. She has learned to play the flute and has dabbled in tennis and Tball. 

Chris is settled in at work now although now that he is global that means he works even more :/ 

I have adjusted. I have made a few friends.  I have learned my way around and even a few short cuts. I am no longer afraid to drive. Lol that 'other side of the road' really sent my head spinning. 

I am looking forward to what the next year will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment