It's been a year of new experiences. New friends. New house. Several amazing trips.
We've shed lots of tears and hugged each other a little tighter. We have mostly met our fears head on. Some were bigger than others but we have tackled everything that has come our way. I'd love to say with grace but if you are reading this you know me better than that 😉😜
The first few days driving. Omg. I was so scared. I remember repeating out loud stay to the LEFT. Round a bouts were scary. Funny how different they are when someone teaches you how to drive in them instead of installing them and leaving. Lol
Discovering new 'favorite' places to eat. One of our favorite past times is finding new restaurants. New shopping places.
We are settled in. A friend recently said to me that as an expat the first year is rough years 2 and 3 are better. But 4 is tricky. The fourth year you feel at home and it makes it hard to go back. She has lived several places so I will take her word for it.
Overall I am very happy we made this choice for our family. We have learned so much and will never have to answer the question 'wonder what would have happened if we would have moved to Australia' instead we will have 'remember when we lived in Australia....' As a wonderful back drop to the people we have met and places we have wandered off too.
No comments:
Post a Comment