Monday, October 10, 2016

the last 2 months

This last 2 months have been insane.  Chris was traveling a ton for work.  In fact he was home all of 8 days one of the months.  During this time I got pneumonia.  Have I mentioned how terrific my kids are?  They took wonderful care of me and themselves while I was sick.  If you haven't had pneumonia you have no idea how tired it makes you.  Even after all this time I still get tired very easy.  oh well

We had another school break so that means we took off again.  When we decided to move here Maya wanted to go to the Great Barrier Reef.  Fair enough.  So she sat down and planned the trip and off we went.  We were to be gone 9 days.

We spent 3 days with the Pro Dive company on a boat.  They certify scuba divers.  Every time the scuba people went in the water so did the snorkelers.  They went a total of 9 times over the 3 days.  It was lovely.

Then we headed off to Port Douglas, hands down prettiest beach in AU so far.

We spent the next day in the Daintree rain forest.  Here little miss decided we would go zip lining.  While I am terrified of heights I have to admit we had so much fun!!

We also had a wonderful opportunity to do a dinner called flames of the forest.  It is an aboriginal cultural dinner in the middle of the forest.  It was amazing!  The food was excellent as were the stories and music.  The told us a story of how the platypus came to be and played music on the didgeridoo.  Wonderful evening.

We even got to go to a crocodile farm.  I lived in Florida and had never seen this many crocs!  Maya (and even Lauren! which surprised me) held a baby crocodile.

In the middle of all of this we received a call from home.  My grandmother had passed away.   We knew my grandmother had been sick.  About 5 months ago she had a pretty severe stroke.  Since then she had had many ups and downs.  I made the decision that I wanted to be home with my dad.

This made us miss the last planned activity for our trip and a plane home.  Well my plane home was just diverted to Mi instead of Newtown :-)

What a whirl wind 2 weeks that was.  Visiting with family and trying to grab a few wish list items that we have a hard time finding in AU So glad to have the chance to support my dad.  He was so thankful to see us too.  It was sad to leave again but we were ready.  We have somehow, very unexpectedly, made AU our home.  Home is where your family is.

We have been back now for a little more than a week.  We are back into our regular routine.  It s nice to have us all under one roof again!


No comments:

Post a Comment