Monday, November 10, 2008

Nana's dollars

So the girls asked if I would PLEASE take them to spend their $4 at the
dollar store today. I told them after school I would be happy to drive
them there but we also needed to stop at Sam's. Ok.
Maya and I pick Lauren up and she is ready. They are happily chatting
in the backseat. We don't need coloring books, markers, crayons,
dolls, the list seemed endless. And one walk thru what used to be a
formal dining room can tell you these two do have a lot of stuff! So
finally we are walking thru Sam's and the girls are whispering back and
forth and saying you ask no you ask. They had spotted a Gingerbread
house kit. Lauren looks up at me and says I have a question, Mom
what's that Lauren? Well....do you think Nana would be upset if we
didn't spend our money at the dollar store? Well girls I think Nana
sent you the money in hopes you would spend it on something that made
you happy. I don't think it matters WHERE as long as it makes you
happy. Lauren says Maya and I like the gingerbread house. (we made one
last year) do we have enough money. (money has been a HOT topic around
here lately so I am pleased to see they are starting to grasp the whole
concept) The gingerbread kit is $8.53 how much to the 2 of you have?
They pause and count their dollars. Lauren (I seriously thought she'd
cry when she was finished) We have $8 not the change that comes after
it. I looked at their little hopeful eyes and just wanted to hug
them. So I said well how about if I give you another $1 and then you
can buy the kit? Would you really mom? And now I will be putting
together another gingerbread house with the girls this year!
Thanks Nana!!

No comments:

Post a Comment