Why is it the estimator never listens to the woman? Second move of ours that has been grossly underestimated. The crew head of this one had no problem calling and complaining about it either. Good for him. They ran out of boxes yesterday so had to leave for the day and they still have a ton to do before tomorrow which is load day.
I fear Australia and I are not going to get along well at all. None of my baskets can go. My baskets aren't just decorations they are work horses. I have filled 4 wardrobe boxes with baskets. I still have probably 2 to go. None of our nail polish can go. :-( we had many fun shopping trips at $5 below.
The kids are having a rough time. No matter how many times we told them to be careful with their things yesterday Maya's dolls got packed. The nice gentleman knew right where he had packed them and rescued them. She tried to tell him without tears, it didn't work, and he caved pretty fast. lol It is so funny to see grown men with little girl tears. Today Lauren lost a pair of shoes. They are in one of 5 boxes though and she isn't moving to go thru them so I guess she gets them back in 3 months. They are sad to see everything familiar get put in boxes.
It has been a rough couple days. Our family grew here. Every corner has a memory. Our first night home with them. Their first steps. Chris and I had a wonderful reminder how wonderful our house is. We take it for granted. A couple walked thru and had the same expression of awe we had when we decided this was the house. It was wonderful to be reminded. I remember driving past this house and just pinching myself that it was ours. We are so very fortunate.
Maya was asked last night by a friend if she was looking forward to the move. She very enthusiastically said yes. I can say I feel the same way. I am excited about the next chapter. Sure never thought it would included living abroad.
Lauren recently asked me if I was sad for giving up my dream of having a bed and breakfast on the beach somewhere. I can honestly say no I am not. I never dreamed the life I have but it is mine and I wouldn't change it.
No comments:
Post a Comment