Sunday, September 13, 2015

Weekend Travels


I am super lucky that I have a family that likes to just get in the car and drive.  Saturday we had a few errands to run.  It would seem we are setting up a life here :-)   When we were done it was just to beautiful out to go home and do nothing so we took a drive and ended up in Torquay.  For those interested https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torquay,_Victoria or https://www.google.com/search?q=torquey+au&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 It is stunningly beautiful.  We dipped our toes in the very cold ocean water!  Maya and I were able to find a few different rocks to add to our garden back home.  The sand is so soft here.  Unlike any I have walked before.  I had even laughed when we got back from the beach at home and said what a great pedicure the sand gave.  You will not find that on this beach.


Sunday rolled around and it was again a perfect day.  70's with a light breeze.  While I was in the shower my 3 decided they wanted to go to Sovereign Hill http://www.sovereignhill.com.au/ or
https://www.google.com/search?q=torquey+au&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=sovereign+hill
It reminded us of Greenfield Village.  My 3 had never panned for gold so they did that and thought it was awesome when they found some.  I laughed and told Lauren how much would you like to bet in three years I am like seriously what are these little jars and into the trash they go.  She just laughed at me.  I got rid of tons of stuff when we moved here.  I can only 
imagine when I leave it will be the 
same.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, but the fun they had that day! A little hint I learned on a hoarders show (I think). Instead of keeping the item, take a picture! Doesn't take up the space, but won't be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete