Two down and one to go?
Last year was hard it as just our little family. I had only cooked one other thanksgiving that
was that small. The year my kids went
with my parents to my sisters and it was just me and Chris. We organized and cleaned out the basement. I know, we are so fun!
This year on Thanksgiving it was just us but we chose to do
it all again on Sunday. I have a very
good friend here that said we would love to have a real American Thanksgiving
before you go back. So we did. I cooked dinner and we even said what we are
thankful for. It was a hit! They got to try some new foods and were polite
enough not to say eww gross! LOL Pumpkin
pie is not a thing here. So that was new
and deviled eggs. Pickled eggs are an English
thing but mine are different. Funny I
was always told Pennsylvania Dutch but when you trace most of our roots back I
guess you would end up in England.
Black Friday has trickled down to Australia, but they still
aren’t sure of what to do with it. It’s
kinda funny. No good sales though. Cyber
Monday was a bit melancholy too as we sat here and couldn’t figure out how to
ship things like TV’s.
Bring on Christmas! I
am just about ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment