Wow! Those 3 years flew faster than I could have even imagined. It seemed so long on the other side! I have stopped and started this post several times. The tears took over and I couldn’t see what I was doing.
I am thankful. I am thankful that despite saying we didn't want to move Chris came home and said what do you think. I am thankful that he knew me enough to know that even if I didn't like the idea I love HIM and would come paround. I am thankful that even though the girls were apprehensive they trusted the process.
There were SO many tears in the beginning as we longed for what was familiar and what we knew. Funny now there are the same but different tears. It is extremely difficult to say good bye to the wonderful people we have met along the way, hopeful we will see them again. It is extremely difficult to say good bye to what has been an amazing experience for each of us. It is just as scary to leave behind our make shift family as it was our biological family,
I had said this would be amazing and that this experience would change us in ways we couldn't begin to understand 3 years ago. Boy has it but I feel it has changed us for the better! Our eyes have been opened to other ways of life, other cultures and new opportunities. While Aus is very similar to the US sometimes it is also vastly different. I am honored to have called it home for 3 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment