Thursday, August 1, 2019

its been a year

I am kind of doing a post dump today.  2 of these have been in draft mode for quite some time but honestly I try to post happy things and my last few posts have been anything but so I left them there.  But one thing I strive to be is honest and transparent thru this whole thing.  If I hide those away I am neither of those things. So sorry for the downer this AM but THIS is my life at the moment.

It's been a year.  Somehow a whole entire year.

I am still adjusting.  Some days better than others.  I still find myself wanting to swing by and pick up my friend and go somewhere fun just the 2 of us.  Get my nails done by the man that still believes I am from Chicago, despite explaining I am not lol  It got lost in translation and I left it alone.

The house is nearly caught up.  Still need to do a few things but what homeowner doesn't? IT's always something right?

The kids ended the school year on a high note.  Great grades although I know they are struggling to ind their place too.  One it bothers and one not so much.  We have all changed so much but not in the same ways as those around us.  I still feel like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole.  The saying goes "you can't go home" i never understood this.  Why not? home will always be home but it's not.  Everything including ME is different and yet the same.  It's an odd feeling.  One thing I have to say is the 4 of us are a tight little group now.  We all now understand the WE are a family and WE are important to each other.  The girls thought their dad was crazy when he said I only need mom and you 2 but now we ALL get it.

It's been a busy summer.  I really dislike the school schedule where you only have summers off.  No wonder it is so busy.   You are trying to pack EVERYTHING into 8 short weeks.  We all loved year round school with lots of breaks in the middle.  It's getting harder to take the girls out of classes to go places.  Some how they go back in 2 short weeks.

We went to South Haven for a few days.  It was a lovely little beach town.  I miss the beach and Lake Mi was the closest I could get this year.

We went to the Pocono Mountains to see my in laws.  We hadn't seen them since we came home so it was long over due.  We had a lovely visit and it was nice to catch up with everyone we literally hadn't seen in years.

Our niece is getting married next year so we had a couple wedding showers to attend this summer.  Both girls are bridesmaids.  Maya is bummed as she wanted to be a flower girls but is now too old. lol

The girls went and spent a week catching up with my sister and her family and trying to get reacquainted after being gone.  They are there now and I will see them again on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment