Monday, October 2, 2006
It's the little things..
that make the best memories. :-) Everyday Lauren has school I take her for popcorn after. I have since learned to put Maya in the stroller since it makes getting popcorn MUCH easier. Lauren gets to push Maya and open the doors (handicap buttons) and it is a really big deal. So much in fact that she told her teachers all about how she was looking forward to mommy and Maya coming to get her for popcorn and she gets to push Maya. How funny. So I will fess up here since most of my neighbors don't see this and those that do, I am sure, already know! Lauren is the neighborhood 'Ghost'. She saw the pumpkins sitting on the spare bedroom bed today and got so excited. Well it is POURING down rain here today and I had no intentions of dropping them off. She looked at the pumpkins and got this huge smile on her face and she said like last year mommy? I was floored she remembered that we had done it last year too. There was no telling her that it was raining and we weren't going to do it so I bundled us up and put them in clear plastic bags and delivered them to their rightful owners. She was so proud walking them up to the porch and setting them down. When we were leaving she said now I wait for my turn, mommy She remembered the whole thing from last year. I am so shocked. I had not said a word to her about it. We haven't even talked about trick or treat yet and she was telling us at dinner the other night that trick or treat was coming and she would get candy but she had to hold hands and stay on the side walk. It's the little things....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment