Monday, August 28, 2006
Today's adventures
Somedays are just very eventful. This morning Maya had a fever (102) I didn't panic until she vomited twice while I was on the phone with the Dr. They, of course, couldn't see her until this evening. I didn't think I should wait that long. So off to the ER we went. Oh my, 6 hours later we were finally being released. She was dehydrated and needed an IV. She 'just has the flu'. Man she started feeling yucky on Saturday just kind of sleeping more and not wanting to do much. Sunday she had a fever and then the not eating kicked in. Now tomorrow we go to either get the IV lock taken out or go back to the ER for more fluid. They left it in so they wouldn't have to poke her again. Poor kid. Lauren had a ball. She got to spend the day with Papa. First it started with mom giving in and saying her breakfast could be a pop tart. Then she could go in the car and eat it and not wear shoes. Poor kid was like WHAT is going on with my mom! :-) She had McDonald's for lunch and got to swing until Papa didn't have the strength to push anymore. And a little side note: to those of you with small kiddos and an ear thermometer. I do not care what ANY doctor says. They are accurate. My MIL bought me one for my baby shower and I love it. I prayed I'd never have to use it but since we all know that isn't realistic, it has been 100% accurate everytime I have needed it to be. Great gift for those that are expecting. I'll post tomorrow about how her appointment went.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment