Monday, January 22, 2007

Lauren and adoption

Lauren has just been full of questions lately. She has hit the stage of 2's where every word out of her mouth is either Why? or another type question. Today she said to me Mom do you have pictures of me when I was a baby? I have a few Lauren. I keep them in a very special book all about China. Really mom? yep. would you like to see it. Yeah! Lauren is very in to the scrapbooks I make. She will sometimes ask us to one as her bedtime story. So I pull out our China scrapbook and we start to talk about the things we did before we were united as a family. BTW She loves the Great Wall she was just fascinated with it. So finally we come to the day we became a family. She was so excited. She told me all these little stories about the photos. She had seen the book before. Chris and I have been practicing what to tell her so we don't stumble in the middle. She was so happy to see baby photos of herself. We took pictures of her first bath. She said 'I didn't like that very much mom' No she sure didn't. She screamed the whole time and let me tell you that was the fastest bath I ever gave! When her dad came home I whispered careful dad we are full of China questions today She met him at the door and told him she was born in China. I love how he looks at her like it is the biggest news he has ever heard and says Really She is also starting to learn what 'adopted' means. She is so smart and she already is grasping the concept that she has a birth family out there somewhere. I was not prepared for how sad I am that I know nothing about them. I do know that lots of hugs and kisses will help her thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment