Sunday, January 7, 2007

Things kids say..

Sometimes the things Lauren comes up with can literally stop me in my tracks. Case and point last night. We were sitting in the library and on the mantel I have family photos. There is one of a baby crying. Here is some of our conversation--Lauren said Momma that baby is crying. I know honey. That is Ashleigh when she was born. Did you know she was born in Texas? She proudly smiles at me and says I was born in China momma Yes you were. Do you know you have a birth mom in china and I am your adoptive mom. No momma you are my REAL MOM. I almost lost it in front of her. But managed to control myself and only one tear escaped. I wonder if she knows just how powerful her words were. We went on talking about the other people in the photos. 'Nana and Happy Chic' that just cracks me up! 'Granny' as a small child..umm maybe 5 years old. Chris's grandparents, and my grandmother, mom, sister, myself and Ashleigh on Gram's last Easter with us. We have been talking to Lauren about adoption and how she came into our lives. She loves looking at her scrapbooks and seeing photos we took in China. She tells us 'China is very far away . I can't even see it with my sunglasses' She is just fascinated with the fact that Chris and I wear glasses to see so she has been saying she uses her sunglasses to see. It is amazing how much they want to be like you. Today we had lunch with Ashleigh (everyone else too) but you should see how she is when she is around Ashleigh. Lauren just worships her. It is so cute. Ashleigh is now at the age that younger ones could be considered 'annoying' but she never lets on. She even shared her chocolate dessert with Lauren today. Which of course made Lauren one happy little kiddo. How is it that Maya is almost a year old? We had planned to take her for her one year photos either this Tuesday or next. But this morning Lauren looked at me and said I'd like to go back to that place and get photos done with Maya again. So Chris and I were talking about going up one day thru the week with them both and getting some of each girl by themselves and then some together. I am not sure I can be trusted with this task and I may end up buy all of them. When they come out really nice I have a hard time saying 'no' I guess there are worse things.

No comments:

Post a Comment